1. Why am I locked out of my account?
To continually improve account security, you will now get locked out of your account after too many incorrect login attempts. This means that you may not be able to sign into your device, the GCISD Wireless, or ClassLink.
2. How can I get back in?
The best way to ensure that you don't get locked out of your account is to create a Passphrase that is easy for you to remember but difficult to guess. Use these two articles for more tips!
If you get locked out of your account due to too many login attempts:
Wait 30 minutes.
Call the GCISD Help Desk at (817)251-5629.
Important note: Have you changed your password recently? If you recently changed your password and keep getting locked out of your account, you may need to make sure you're logged out of all devices that you frequently use. Your device may be trying to log in with an old password. In this case, you should log out of the device, restart it, and log in with your new credentials.
3. What can I expect?
A) You may get locked out of your device.
- This is only the case for Dells.
- When you try to log into your Dell device, you will see a message that reads "The referenced account is currently locked out and may not be logged into."
B) You may get locked out of the GCISD Wireless.
- On a Dell, your error message may say "Can't connect to this network".
- If you are on a Mac, you will likely not get an error message. You will just be unable to connect to GCISD Wireless.
C) You may get locked out of ClassLink.
- When you try to log into ClassLink, you will see a message that reads "Your account has been locked. Please contact your organization's technology department."