Why: Sort your emails into different inbox tabs, like Social or Promotions. When you open Gmail, you won't have to see all emails at once.
1. On your computer, open Gmail.
2. At the top right, click Settings
and then See all settings.
3. Click the Inbox tab.
4. In the "Inbox type" section, use the dropdown to select Default.
Note: To hide all tabs, select another inbox type.
5. In the "Categories" section, check the boxes of tabs you want to show.
Note: You can't make new tabs; you can only show or hide existing ones.
6. Scroll to the bottom, then click Save Changes.