You can use these directions to share an existing Student Web App or custom URL to your students in the ClassLink Backpack.
1. Log into ClassLink and locate the "Teacher Console" web app, or you can use the Backpack icon in the Favorites bar at the bottom of the dashboard.
2. From the Teacher Console, find the class that you wish to add the web app or URL to, and click on the name. Note: One the right hand side you will see a list of the apps already available to that class, most of these will be based on the students roster information.
3. From the Class page select the "Apps" tab on the left hand side. Click on the "add New App" button.
4. To add an existing web app, brows the list or search using the search bar. Click on the "Add" button once you have located the app you want. If you wish to add the app to multiple classes, you can click on the "..." and select what classes to add it to then click "Confirm Selection". Note: While it is possible to add web apps from the "GCISD Staff Apps" list, they may not work for your students. Always search and add apps from the "GCISD Student Apps" library.
4. To add a custom URL, click on the "Add Your Own App" button.
5. Enter the name of the web app, and the URL. Click the "Select Icon" button.
6. Search the provided icons for one you would like to use. Select it and click "Add App". Note: You can not provide a custom icon, you can only select from what is provided.
7. The web app is now created and is available in your class's Backpack in ClassLink. If you wish to remove the web app, locate the class and then put your mouse over the web app. You will have the option to "Remove" the app from the list.
The following directions can be shared with your students on how to access the new Web App from the Backpack.