Things to Note:
- Uploading files can take a long time. Do not shut down your computer until the upload is complete. If you have many folders to upload, only do a few at a time so you can do them in multiple, shorter sessions.
- Do not back up system files. Only your content should be uploaded to Google Drive.
- Google is imposing storage limits on the district and all users will have to purge files so please be mindful to only upload files you really want to keep.
Backing up to Google Drive:
Since we are a Google district, Google Drive is the perfect place to save, store, or backup your files.
To do this, please follow these steps:
- Go to drive.google.com to get to your Google Drive
- Double check in the top right hand corner that you are using your GCISD login.
- In the top left hand corner you will see this
- Click on New and a new drop down will appear
- If you are backing up a file or two click the File Upload
- If you are backing up a folder from your device click Folder Upload
- Navigate and select the file or folder(s) you want to back up.
The files/folder will start to upload to Google Drive and you will have access to them from any device you are signed into with your GCISD account.
Backing up to an external drive:
If you have a lot of videos, photos, music, or other large files another option is to purchase an external USB hard drive or flash drive (pin drive) for backing up your files. This would be at your own expense and you'll want to be sure to get the correct type of drive for this purpose. Check the side of your laptop to see what type of USB port you have: